Tomorrow: We will be watching a movie (WALL-EEEEE) in the library -- wear pajamas if you want to!
Today we go to the Schneider Museum to see their exhibit,Exploring Reality
In the classroom:
1. Run-down of the plan
2. Overview of Museum behavior
3. Introduction power point
Walk to the Museum at 10:10
Museum tour and Scavenger hunt
Art display walk-through in the SOU library
Walk back to AMS at 11:30
After lunch, come back for reflection activities : o )
- Writing activity
- Art activity
What is ART?
CLASSIC (1600s - 1700s)
IMPRESSIONIST / CUBISM (1800s)
"MODERN" / ABSTRACT (1900s)
INTERIOR DESIGN / ARCHITECTURE
PANTHEON - ITALY
What pieces were your favorite and why?
Where would you put your piece in your house?
Please answer by writing a 4 - 8 sentence paragraph:
1. If you were an artist creating a piece of work for this Exploring Reality exhibit, what would you create?
2. How would your piece explore reality?
3. Would your piece tell a story? Send a message? both? --------Describe the intention of your piece.
When you are finished you have two options:
1. Create a pastel brushed drawing like the resin/ballpoint pen pieces
2. Create a mosaic - use a ruler to create a grid, or use graph paper, then create a design by filling in the squares with color