Workin' Wednesday !!
But first, all hail the announcements!
1. Examples of camera techniques continued...
The "opening shot"
The Setting is a character, too!
2. Time for a new decade ---- the 60s !!!
Write down all these notes, please:
Psychological horror films extended, beyond the stereotypical monster films of Dracula/Frankenstein or Wolfman, to include more twisted films, such as Psycho (1960)
Comedy films became more elaborate, such as The Pink Panther (1963)
spy films expanded with worldly settings and hi-tech gadgets, such as the James Bond films Dr. No (1962)
The spaghetti westerns (made in Italy and Spain), were typified by Clint Eastwood films, such as The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (1966)
Science-fiction and fantasy films used more and more special effects, such as:
- animated aliens / mythical creatures
- elaborate sets to simulate alien worlds and environments with zero gravity
Example : 2001, A Space Odyssey (1966)
Planner reminder: Spelling HW - check your purple handout for specifics
Plan for today:
1. Five minutes of flashcards - quiz a friend during this time!
2. Editing committees
Look at this woman's right arm....